Raising Major Gifts
IOD’s fresh, unique, proven approach to financial sustainability through donor-centric fundraising results in raising major gifts from new and existing donors. We will show you how to help donors accomplish their personal philanthropic goals by investing in the mission of your organization.
IOD’s philosophy of fundraising incorporates the latest research on why donors give, what they value most in a campaign, how to overcome their common fears, generational variations in giving behavior, and most important, how to turn fundraising from an annual transaction to a mutually satisfying, life-long relationship with your donor.
- Case for Support – IOD will assist your organization in all aspects of a major gifts campaign starting with the creation of a clear and compelling Case for Support that builds donor trust in your mission while providing opportunities for them to invest in your future.
- Feasibility Research – IOD uses a proven, proprietary approach for conducting feasibility research that includes elements of traditional feasibility studies such as one-on-one interviews, however, IOD also includes more robust strategies to ensure the validity and reliability of the findings such as board surveys, organizational readiness reviews, community leader interviews, stakeholder focus groups and online donor prospect surveys.
- Campaign Planning – IOD will teach, coach and rehearse with your Board, volunteers and staff on how to conduct donor research and successfully complete the big “Ask” with a donor prospect for a: 1. Multi-year gift to the Annual Operating Fund, 2. One-time gift to a Capital Project, 3. Gift to Endowment through Estate Planning
IOD offers these additional Resource Development Services:
- Purchasing lists of new major donor prospects
- Conducting wealth research of existing donors
- Selecting a donor data-base, CRM platform to stay in control of donor cultivation
- Providing guidance on fundraising events including scheduling, promotion & execution